Thursday, September 6, 2012

Teal Lovers Unite!

Squee! I'm so excited! My bottle of beautiful teal glittery goodness arrived today, just three days after ordering it! (Wish I could say the same of my Llarowe order, which two weeks later still hasn't even been shipped yet, Grrrrr!) I tore that package open so fast and oooh'd and ahhh'd over the polish inside!


Behold the beauty that is Happy Hands - For British Eyes Only. Teal jelly packed with different sizes of round and hex teal glitter and.... wait for it.... TEAL HOLOGRAPHIC GLITTER! Yesssss! Be still my teal-loving heart! Thank you sooo much, Kristi, my fellow Florida girl and teal enthusiast! If I could design my own polish, this would probably be it!

Pictures are two coats of FBEO (the first coat I painted on like any other polish and the second coat I kind of dabbled on for more coverage) over DIY peel-off base coat (Elmer's Glue), topped with a coat of Seche Vite, then two coats of Gelous, and finished off with one more coat of SV for maximum glossiness and sparkle. I'm in LOVE!

Check out Happy Hands at her blog and her Etsy shop! She makes gorgeous polishes!

Edited to add: I just read on Pointless Cafe that September is Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Awareness Month and the color is - you guessed it - teal! Some bloggers have joined up and are doing teal manis for the cause. I just so happen to have done my nails teal last night, and I have quite a few teal polishes (with one more on the way - Pretty and Polished Rat-a-Tat) so I went ahead and added this post to the list of links! :) If I get the code and figure out how, I'll add the Inlinkz thingie!

16 comments:

  1. WOW, that is really pretty!!! I had trouble with Llrowe too. Elmer's glue as a base!? Wow, I think I'm going to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Essence made a peel off base coat and Lab Muffin and Pretty Purple Polish posted about how it's just PVA glue - aka Elmer's Glue! All you do is put some in an empty polish bottle and paint it on just like polish! When it turns clear, it's dry and ready for polish on top. Use top coat like normal. Then when you want it off, it peels off! It's easier if you peel it off in the shower or after you hold your nails under warm water to loosen the glue. Oh also if the glue base coat gets too thick in the bottle, thin it with water not polish thinner! :)

      Delete
  2. O.M.G!!!! I'm running over to Etsy!!! This color is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo beautiful!! I'm googly eyed over it! If she's out of anything, she re-stocks on Saturday nights. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the polish, and thank you so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my post! :) So is this just for the one day or the whole month? Not the awareness, I know that's all of September, but the teal nails.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you love it, it looks gorgeous on you! Teal lovers unite! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making it, teal sista!! It's perfect! :D

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty polish! I love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more amazing in person! Yes, Kristi sure does awesome work! :)

      Delete
  6. Pam,

    I enjoy your blog and this polish is amazing. I was gifted this butterfly award from a fellow blogger and need to regift it to ten other bloggers. I have gone over the blogs I love and chosen you. You can go direct to the link at http://dlitefultrends.blogspot.com/2012/09/butterfly-award.html. I hope you enjoy it and please if you don't follow my blog already I would love to have you follow and give me advice since you have been doing this for awhile. I am newer and trying to get new followers. I admire your blog and have been following for awhile. Nail polish is just one of my loves, along with shopping, crafting and more. Have a great weekend,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa,
      Thanks! I began following your blog back when we first started chatting on Instagram. :)

      Delete